Pre-visit Safety Precautions:
- Main entrance to the building has a hand sanitation station and a notice posted that anyone exhibiting flu-like symptoms should not be entering the building and everyone is encouraged to wear face masks.
- Ensure prior to appointment that client is not exhibiting flu-like symptoms such as cough or fever. Unwell clients will be required to re-book their appointment for a later date.
- Staff will not be permitted to work if they exhibit flu-like symptoms or if anyone in their household has been diagnosed with Covid-19.
Safety Precautions in Common Areas
- Staff will be equipped with ppe (personal protective equipment) including gloves and face mask.
- Sanitation stations will be available in the office for staff/clients to disinfect hands.
- Staff will wash hands frequently including prior to and after each client visit.
- Proper room ventilation will be monitored.
- Staff will maintain physical distancing where possible including during client registration and payment.
- Plexiglass barrier at reception desk will provide protection for client/staff.
- High-touch areas/door handles and office equipment will be disinfected frequently.
Safety Precautions in the Ultrasound Room
- Furniture is strategically placed in the room to ensure more than adequate distancing between technologist and client’s guest(s).
- Technologist will wear a face mask and gloves.
- Scan time will not be extended passed the indicated time outlined in the package description.
- Use of cell phones in the ultrasound room is not permitted.
- Prior to and following each session, the ultrasound machine, probe, client bed, adjacent furniture and high touch surfaces/door handles will be cleaned with antiviral/antibacterial solution.
- Technologist is required to wash hands before and after each client.
End of Day Safety Precautions
- Complete cleaning of the studio with sanitizer.
- Staff will wash hands with soap for at least 20 seconds following proper hand washing protocol.
- Deep cleaning of all equipment and surfaces in the office including ultrasound machine and accessory equipment and reception computer and printer.