We are excited to announce the re-opening of our studio! We want to ensure our valued clients and their families that we are taking every precaution necessary to protect your health and safety during this challenging time. We have worked diligently to revise our safety guidelines and protocols to incorporate increased protective measures so you can feel confident that you are in a clean and safe environment.
Please see below for a detailed description of our safety protocols.
Pre-visit Safety Precautions:
- Main entrance to the building has a hand sanitation station and a notice posted that anyone exhibiting flu-like symptoms should not be entering the building and everyone is required to wear face masks.
- Ensure prior to appointment that client is not exhibiting flu-like symptoms such as cough or fever. Unwell clients will be required to re-book their appointment for a later date.
- Request that client be accompanied by only one guest per visit.
- Clients arriving early will remain in their car until their scheduled appointment time.
- Staff will not be permitted to work if they exhibit flu-like symptoms or if anyone in their household has been diagnosed with Covid-19.
Safety Precautions in Common Areas
- Staff will be equipped with ppe (personal protective equipment) including gloves, face mask/shield.
- Several sanitation stations will be available throughout the office for staff/clients to disinfect hands.
- Staff will wash hands frequently including prior to and after each client visit.
- Proper room ventilation will be monitored.
- Staff will maintain physical distancing where possible including during client registration and payment.
- Plexiglass barrier at reception desk will provide protection for client/staff.
- High-touch areas/door handles and office equipment will be disinfected frequently.
- Number of individuals (including staff) on-site not to exceed 5 at any given time.
Safety Precautions in the Ultrasound Room
- Request that client be accompanied by only one person in the scanning room.
- Furniture is strategically placed in the room to ensure more than adequate distancing between technologist and client’s guest.
- A plexiglass shield will separate the technologist and client.
- Technologist will wear appropriate PPE including face mask/shield, and gloves.
- Scan time will not be extended passed the indicated time outlined in the package description.
- Use of cell phones in the ultrasound room is not permitted.
- Prior to and following each session, the ultrasound machine, probe, client bed, adjacent furniture and high touch surfaces/door handles will be cleaned with antiviral/antibacterial solution.
- Technologist is required to wash hands before and after each client.
End of Day Safety Precautions
- Complete cleaning of the studio with sanitizer.
- Staff will wash hands with soap for at least 20 seconds following proper hand washing protocol.
- Deep cleaning of all equipment and surfaces in the office including ultrasound machine and accessory equipment and reception computer and printer.